Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day



Happy Memorial Day everyone! I just want to say thank you to everyone who dedicated their life to serve for this country and all the beautiful people in it. Today at Panhandle CrossFit we had our Memorial Day "Murph" workout in honor of Navy Lieutenant Michael P. Murphy, age 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan on June 28th 2005. 


Every year on Memorial day we do this WOD to remember him. Its a rough workout but its the least we can do in memory of him. He died serving us so we can put ourself through hell for him.


R.I.P M. Murphy


"Murph"

1 mile run
300 squats
200 Push ups
100 Pull ups
1 mile run

**Wear body armor if you have it. You can break up the squats, push ups and pull ups any way you'd like. Just start and finish with 1 mile run.


(I don't remember by time last year but I got 43:18 this year. I was shooting for  around 45 so I was really happy with my time.)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

© lala lime, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena