Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mashed Cauliflower


Cauliflower is low in fat and low in carbohydrates. It is also high in dietary fiber and vitamin C possessing a nutrient dense veggie. I love cauliflower because you can do so many different things with it. I don't eat plain white potatoes so I substitute cauliflower mash for mashed potatoes. Since I have switched, I really don't even notice the difference. Give it a try!!

I added some green onions and paired it with a steak. Yum :D You can add anything you would to regular mashed potatoes. I am addicted to these now and the great thing is i'm guilt free!





Step 1: Steam cauliflower on med heat for about 30 min
Step 2: Chop up steamed cauliflower and place into food processor (I used my ninja)
Step 3: Add salt and pepper and any other spices you prefer. I also pour some clarified butter into the mix.
Step 4: Blend until the consistency of mashed potatoes. If you like them really smooth just keep blending them until they are the way you like it.


YUMMY!! :D








0 comments:

Post a Comment

© lala lime, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena