Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Weekend at the Playground

My Hash-brown's Powerlifting meet.
(A.K.A The BF)

This past weekend Adam and I went down to Fort Lauderdale for his Powerlifting meet at The Playground gym. Most of the drive down he could only eat boiled chicken we packed and distilled water. JOY! When he gets hungry its best if I just keep to myself, if you know what I mean. But to my surprise he did very well. Towards the end of the night Adam and his buddy were no longer able to take in anything. Not even water! Trying to cut weight quick-looks like fun. In the end it was worth it. He got 1st place in his weight class and 3rd overall with a 1600 lb. total. NICE! This was my first time ever watching him compete and I had a great time. It made me want to compete. When you have something to train for it makes your workouts mean something. Even if its something small like a 5k race. Competition is good for the soul. I will be finding something to compete in. Maybe I will host a potato sack race...

What keeps you motivated? Competition or something else?



Back in the gym:

3x3 Box squats (175 lbs)
3x5 Sumo deadlifts (175 lbs)
3x5 Strict press (65 lbs)

3x3 weighted chin ups @ 35 lbs.
(I got 2 at 55 lbs. HELLS YEAH)

3x3 weighted dips @ 35 lbs.
3x 15 RDLS (2 55 lb Kettle bells)

WOD:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
KBS
Burpees

8:46- not very impressive. BOO!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

© lala lime, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena